At Alchemy We Aspire to:
- De-stigmatize pleasure & sexual wellness
- Make pleasure products more accessible to everyone & especially rural communities
- Ensure that sexual wellness doesn't discriminate against any identity or ability
- Contribute to a world where business means people over profit not profit at the expense of people
- Collaborate with socially conscious businesses, Indigenous, women owned, & other small businesses that also align with our values & mission.
Pleasure is so much more than just sex, & it is for every body. Sexual wellness certainly has come a long way since the days of dingy XXX stores that we grew up avoiding or very reluctantly visiting. At Alchemy, we want to push sexual health & wellness even further to create more comfortable, judgment free spaces that truly normalize pleasure & intimate wellness.
Meet Alchemy's Owner
Brooklyn is a life long learner that is passionate about social justice, disability advocacy & human sexuality. At Alchemy, she combines her studies in gender, psychology & political science with her experience of working with at risk youth, individuals on a spectrum of disability & in mental health & addictions. Brooklyn believes that sexual liberation & education are fundamental to stopping stigma, shifting shame, & changing the way we engage with pleasure & sexuality. She brings years of experience working with diverse & marginalized populations & her passion for environmental sustainability to her role at Alchemy Wellness Co.
After years of working in community support & social development roles, the existing shame, stigma, lack of inclusivity & accessibility in sexual health & wellness became VERY evident. Alchemy was founded after the realization that intimate wellness should be accessible to absolutely everyone regardless if you identify as a man, woman, non-binary, LGBTQIA+2S, neuro-divergent or as being on any spectrum of physical, intellectual or developmental disabilities. Everyone deserves access to educational & empowering resources, products & of course pleasure.